Recovery and Rehabilitation Worker
- 2 x Full time - Fixed Term Contract
- Dubbo & Wellington Areas
- Salary Packaging available
About this opportunity
- Delivering the Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative (HASI)
- Support people with mental health issues to maintain successful tenancies and participate in their communities.
- Implement Wellways Practice Frameworks using a range of tools and processes to assist participants to develop the confidence and capacity to manage their own wellbeing
- Assist family and friends with information and skills; and engage community members as mentors and supports.
Working with the support and direction of the Coordinator- Recovery & Rehabilitation Services - you could make a real difference!
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people who are Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, are from a non-English speaking background, LGBTQI or have a disability to apply.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Demonstrate experience and skills in working within programs for people with a serious mental illness or their carers, including the provision of high quality recovery oriented practice and psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Possess relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with a mental illness, generally a Certificate IV qualification or above
- Previous experience working with diverse groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, refugee groups and LGBTIQ groups will be highly regarded
- Commitment to social inclusion and diversity
- Satisfactory Police Records Check
- Current valid Driver's License
- Working with Children Check.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
Please complete an online application via our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways) and indicate your preferred location.
Further information about the role is also available on our Careers page. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Denise Watmore, Recruiting Manager, on 0439198886.
Shortlisting commences on Receipt of Application - Start 01 February, 2018
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.