Program Worker/Peer Program Worker Mental Health Community Support Services (MHCSS)
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Rewarding role in a community setting
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
- 2 Full time fixed term opportunities until 30 June 2019
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available
About this Opportunity
The Mental Health Community Support Services (MHCSS) program is a targeted service system in Victoria for people with severe, chronic mental health issues. The program aims to offer support for clients as well as their families and carers through therapeutic practices and also engaging the individuals with other external services.
The Program Worker will be responsible for the delivery of Individual Client Support Packages (ICSP). ICSP's are packages of support for individual clients developed according to their needs, with a significant focus on achieving meaningful health, social and economic outcomes for people with a psychiatric disability. The focus of this work is substantially individual with a small proportion of group based activities. The Program Worker will work with external services within the community to provide the best and most well rounded support and care possible.
We strongly encourage people with a lived experience to apply.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Social Science or similar discipline or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues
- Experience in building long lasting partnerships in the community while working in collaboration with other external services
- Be comfortable working independently as well as an active team member
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- An understanding of and genuine commitment to social inclusion
- A current and valid Driver's License
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working With Children Check, prior to commencement
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact: Tegan Williams, MHCSS Coordinator - 03 5822 8610.
Applications close TBA
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.