Senior Recovery & Rehabilitation Program Worker
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Full time opportunity based in Shepparton
- Rewarding role in a community setting
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available
About this Opportunity
The Mental Health Community Support Services (MHCSS) program is a targeted service system in Victoria for people with severe, chronic mental health issues. The program aims to offer support for clients as well as their families and carers through therapeutic practices and also engaging the individuals with other external services.
The Senior Program Worker will be responsible for the delivery of Individual Client Support Packages (ICSP). ICSP's are packages of support for individual clients developed according to their needs, with a significant focus on achieving meaningful health, social and economic outcomes for people with a psychiatric disability. A key outcome will be supporting the participant to identify and nurture natural supports that sustain recovery and assist in the development of self-management skills.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications (Minimum Certificate IV) in Social work, psychology, age care, mental health and/or related fields
- Experience and knowledge in working with people with mental health issues and/or their carers, including the provision of high quality recovery oriented practice and psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Demonstrated case practice in a health, community or related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Current and Valid Driver's License with regular access to a registered, insured vehicle
- National Police Check and Working With Children Check prior
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact: Tegan Williams, MHCSS Coordinator - 03 5822 8610.
Applications close 12 February 2018
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment