Community Recovery Worker - La Trobe Residential Recovery Program
- Casual opportunity based in Bairnsdale
- Shift opportunities in residential facility on rotating roster, including sleepover shifts
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available
About this opportunity
The Community Recovery Worker will be based at the Bairnsdale site as part of an integrated team with Latrobe Regional Hospital clinicians, the hospital, and community case managers to provide an individualised approach to participants. The Residential Recovery program encourages and promotes engagement in the community, education, work and is linked to the other Wellways services in Gippsland.
In line with our Community Recovery Model, the aim of the program is to improve mental health outcomes for individuals who experience mental health issues. We do this by working in close partnership with clinical and other partners, the person with the mental health issues, their families and friends. It is our goal to assist people in their own pathway to recovery. The service is underpinned by the core principle that the individual takes lead in their own recovery, and operates 52 weeks per year.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Demonstrated experience in working within a residential rehabilitation program
- Exceptional skills in working within programs for people with a serious mental health issues or their carers.
- A strong understanding of the biopsychosocial model of mental health and how social inclusion principles are applied to service delivery with an ability to create and develop positive linkages with the community
- Flexibility to work on a rotating roster, including sleepover shifts.
- Satisfactory Police Check and Working with Children Check or are willing to obtain prior to commencement
- Minimum Diploma in Community Services, Social Work, Mental health or related fields
We strongly encourage individuals with a lived experience of mental health issues, either individually or as a carer, to apply!
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion about the role, we encourage you to contact Kathryn Swan - Coordinator, Latrobe Residential Recovery Program on 0439 144 251.
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers website at www.wellways.org/content/careers.
Applications close 29 January 2018, close of business
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment