- Full time opportunity based in Warrnambool
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- Be a part of a values based, progressive organization
- Access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities
- Attractive salary packaging benefits
About this opportunity
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services which are led by and funded by individual consumers. This includes services such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) services and Transport Accident Commission (TAC) services. These services provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
As the Consumer Directed Services (CDS) Coordinator, your responsibilities will include operational oversight of Consumer Directed Services across the Great South Coast. Reporting to the Regional Manager of Western Victoria, you will be involved in the following key areas of Consumer Directed Services: quality improvement/service delivery performance; supervision of staff including customer services officers, support coordinators and support workers; financial performance; human resources management and effective allocation of resources; stakeholder engagement.
What do you need?
- Minimum Certificate 4 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or other related fields
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- Experience in co-ordinating, supervising and leading a team
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues and their carers to build and maintain strong, long lasting partnerships in the community
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered vehicle (including insurance)
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Fiona Younis, Area Manager Great South Coast on 0418 112 258.
Applications close 23 February 2018 COB
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.