Community Support Worker
- Casual opportunity based in North East Melbourne (Ivanhoe, Templestowe, Reservoir and surrounding suburbs)
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Rewarding role in a community setting
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available
About this opportunity
We are currently looking for a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. Someone who relishes a challenge and new experience. Someone who is calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with them to the front line to start helping those in need.
As a Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to), assistance and or support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
As the ideal candidate you will possess the following:
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or related fields
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered, insured vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in psychosocial disability will be at an advantage
How to Apply
Here's your chance to do great things. Don't let it slip by - apply now by visiting our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Rowena Jonas, CDS Coordinator on 03 8873 2528.
Applications shortlisted on receipt - Start ASAP
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Late applications will not be accepted.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.