Support Worker | Pyrmont
- Casual opportunities
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
About this opportunity
As a Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to), assistance and or support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
This is an ongoing program for 7 days a week. The successful worker will be someone with the flexibility to work short shifts and be open to covering large geographical areas. We have a lot of work available to complement these shifts. We can accommodate your availability, so you can continue your work with other participants and/or organizations.
The shifts currently available are:
- Monday - 07:00 to 12:00 and 21:00 to 23:00
- Tuesday - 07:00 to 12:00 and 21:00 to 23:00
- Wednesday - 07:00 to 12:00 and 21:00 to 23:00
- Thursday - 07:00 to 12:00 and 21:00 to 23:00
- Friday - 07:00 to 12:00 and 21:00 to 23:00
- Saturday - 07:00 to 12:00 and 21:00 to 23:00
- Sunday - 07:00 to 12:00 and 21:00 to 23:00
You're a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You're calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need. You are an independent, proactive thinker and worker but are also able to follow direction/s given by your managers and can work within a tight-knit team. If this is you, you're in luck: we have the perfect opportunity for you to do all these things - right here, with us.
What do you need?
- Experience either in Disability, Aged Care or Community services (personal care experience an advantage but not mandatory)
- Certificate III or IV in Disability, Aged Care, Community Services or related fields (an advantage but not mandatory)
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered, insured vehicle (an advantage but not mandatory)
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 6 months old] and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in working in the NDIS context with people with a mental illness and disability will be at an advantage.
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain one.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in Hoist and Bowel Care
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (www.wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Beth Copeland, Senior Service Coordinator on 02- 99884588
Applications close 28 February 2019, COB
"Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply"
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.