Disability Support Worker, NDIS
Casual opportunity available in St Kilda, South East Melbourne!
- Make the next step up in your career, access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- Attractive salary packaging benefits
You're a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You're calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need. You are an independent, proactive thinker and worker but are also able to follow direction/s given by your managers and can work within a tight-knit team.
If yes, this is the role for you!
About this opportunity
Wellways offers a wide range of Consumer Directed Services including the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) that is a new service that will provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
The Support Worker works under the direction of the CDS Coordinator, assisting in providing efficient and effective day to day operations of the NDIS services offered by Wellways in the region.
The Support Worker's role is providing direct support such as personal care assist, community support, social support and inclusion. This position will also involve, but is not limited to supporting independent living skills, domestic activities, improved relationships and assistance with transport.
What do you need?
- You will need a minimum of a Certificate 3 in Disability, Mental Health, Individual Support and Other Health Qualifications
- A current valid Driver's License and the ability to undertake travel
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in working with people with a disability or mental illness is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage successful relationships with consumers, carers and services
- Satisfactory National police check & Working with Children's Check, prior to commencement is mandatory. You will also be subject to a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. This is a check of an individual's name against a DHHS database that records individuals who pose a proven risk to the health, safety or welfare of people with a disability. If your name is on the list, you will be ineligible to work for Wellways Australia.
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Katie Bray, CDS Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 22 March 2019 COB
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.