Support Coordinator, NDIS
Full-time opportunity based in Wonthaggi, Gippsland
- Make the next step up in your career, access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- Attractive salary packaging benefits
You're a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You're calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need. You are an independent, proactive thinker and worker but are also able to follow direction/s given by your managers and can work within a tight-knit team.
If yes, this is the role for you!
About this opportunity
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new service that provides support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
As a Support Coordinator, you will coordinate a variety of services for participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. The Support Coordinators will facilitate effective working relationships and communications with the carers, family, external services and other key stakeholders to help provide the most well-rounded support available for participants.
What do you need?
- Minimum Certificate 4 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or other related fields
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage successful relationships with consumers, carers and services
- Experience and skills in working with people living with a disability or mental illness is desirable
- A current valid Driver's License and ability to undertake travel
- You will also be subject to a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. This is a check of an individual's name against a DHHS database that records individuals who pose a proven risk to the health, safety or welfare of people with a disability. If your name is on the list, you will be ineligible to work for Wellways Australia.
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4602554. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Donna Charteris, CDS Coordinator on 0356 224 100.
Applications close 24 March 2019 COB
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.