- Join a large, vibrant multidisciplinary team in Community Mental Health
- Full time, ongoing opportunity based in Wagga Wagga
- Excellent training and development programs and salary packaging benefits
- Access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities
About this opportunity
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new service that provides support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
As a Team Leader, you will provide coaching and support to frontline employees and lead innovation and design of supportive structures for our direct support workforce, through group supervision models and training opportunities. You may also provide a component of 1:1 support to participants to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community, where appropriate. Team Leaders will facilitate effective working relationships within the sector, as well as between workers and participants, to help provide the most well-rounded support available for participants. Providing leadership and coaching to staff will be key to this role.
What do you need?
- Minimum Certificate 4 in Disability, Mental Health, Individual Support, Home and Community Care or other related fields
- Experience in a similar role of leadership and or the NDIS will be highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of key Industry legislation particularly Disability Act 2006 and other relevant legislation
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues and their supports to build strong, long lasting partnerships in the community
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered vehicle (including insurance)
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
In exchange for your hard work, you'll enjoy the support and care of a like-minded, passionate team with great salary packaging and L&D (Learning and Development) benefits. And most of all, you'll appreciate the fact that you're really making a difference, where and when it matters. And that feeling is pretty hard to beat.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-Wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Caitlin Pratt CDS Coordinator , on: 0417 966 164
Applications close 25th March 2019 - Close of Business
"Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply"
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.