Disability Support Worker
- Rewarding casual employment opportunities based in the Gippsland region, Wonthaggi and Cowes
- SCHADS Award, Classification 2.2 Schedule B + attractive Salary Packaging Benefits
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
About the company
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the role
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new service that will provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
Casual employment opportunites based in Wonthaggi and Cowes.
Engage in the support and assist our participants to create a fulfilling and meaningful life as part of the community. We are seeking passionate, empathetic and caring individuals who are dedicated to creating an invaluable, positive impact on the lives of others. This role will provide challenge and an exciting new experience.
In exchange for your hard work, you'll enjoy the support and care of a like-minded, passionate team. And most of all, you'll appreciate the fact that you're really making a difference, where and when it matters. If you are an independent, proactive thinker who can follow the direction of your team leaders, we have the perfect opportunity for you to showcase your skills and passion here with Wellways.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assistance with daily living activities including:
- Personal care
- Domestic activities
- Improving health and wellbeing
- Social and community participation
- Skills & experience
- Minimum Certificate III in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or related fields
- Experience and knowledge in psychosocial disability is highly regarded
- You must hold a current valid Driver's License and a registered, insured vehicle
- Satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check prior to commencement is mandatory
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Opportunity for casual conversion to part time or full time after 12 months
For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to Apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Donna Charteris, CDS Coordinator on 0436 340 492.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.