Peer Project Worker
- Part-time employment opportunity, 45.6 hours per fortnight
- Based in Mitcham
- $57k (pro rata) + superannuation + salary package benefits
About the company
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the role
Support the efficient and effective delivery of Wellways Community and Peer Education programs across our Eastern and North-Western region.
- Identify, establish and maintain partnerships with clinical and community partners that support the delivery of Peer and Community Education programs across the region
- Work alongside Program Coordinators to support the identification and training of emerging Peer and Community Educators across the region
- Facilitate training to prospective Peer and Community Education facilitators alongside the Quality and Service Development team
- Support and mentor Peer and Community Educators both before and after they facilitate education programs
- Recognise opportunities to expand the scope of Peer and Community Education delivery across the region in line with agreed targets and available budget
- Report Peer and Community Education activity to funders
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in social science or related discipline/equivalent prerequisite
- Lived experience of serious mental ill health and recovery and or experience of working within mental health or a community-based organisation is desirable
- Intermediate IT skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Current and valid Driver's License and ability to undertake regular self-directed travel
- Right to work in Australia, Satisfactory National police check, Working with Children's Check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check prior to commencement is mandatory
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and career developmental opportunities within the organisation
- Attractive work hours - maintain healthy work, life balance
For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to Apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Suzi Tsopanas on 8873 2509
Applications close 28 April 2019.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.