Disability Support Coordinator
- Rewarding casual employment opportunity, based in Warrnambool
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- $36 per hour + superannuation + salary packaging benefits
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the role
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new service that will provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
The Support Coordinator is a newly created position, in this role you will coordinate a variety of services for participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to), assistance and or support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities. The Support Coordinators will facilitate effective working relationships and communications with the carers, family, external services and other key stakeholders to help provide the most well-rounded support available for our participants.
Skills & experience
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or other related fields
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues and their carers to build strong, long lasting partnerships in the community
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered vehicle (including insurance)
- Satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Children Check-employment and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check prior to commencement are mandatory
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Opportunity for conversion to part time or full time after 12 months
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Mark Chapman, CDS Coordinator on 03 5560 3065 or 0438 791 416.
Application close 22 April 2019.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.