Part-time (0.8 FTE) opportunity based in Shepparton
- $65K - $70K Salary (Pro Rata) + Superannuation + Leave Loading + Attractive salary packaging benefits
- Attractive work hours- 8.30am to 4.36pm four days per week
- This is a rewarding position supporting carers of those who are experiencing mental health issues. We aim to assist people in their recovery to a better life
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the role
You will be part of a dedicated and professional team that have been based in Shepparton for over 20 years. The Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC) program and the Specialist Residential Rehabilitation Program (SRRP) are delivered in partnership with Goulburn Valley Area Mental Health Service and aim to provide a range of biopsychosocial rehabilitation support social inclusion and independence within the community.
This role offers specific services to carers to assist in everyday living, services include: education, one on one peer support, advocacy, referrals to community agencies and referrals to Wellways programs.
As a Program Worker, you will ultimately be responsible for proactively working with carers of participants within our residential programs in Shepparton. You will assist carers in identifying areas of need and developing carer plans to reflect support and services required to achieving set goals.
- One to one support for carers
- Delivery of education programs
- Implementation of Family Sensitive Practices within the Residential Programs
- Provide Advocacy, Peer support, referral and information to carers.
What you will need:
- A requirement for the role is your own experience caring for others with mental health issues. This can include helping another with emotional support, assistance with daily living or navigating the mental health system.
- Relevant qualifications (generally a Certificate IV qualification or above) or commensurate experience working in a support role for people with a mental illness
- Empathy and compassion
- Understanding of the psychosocial rehabilitation model
- Understanding of case management or transferrable skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain boundaries
- Experience in or willingness to facilitate groups
- Current and valid Driver's License and ability to undertake travel as required
- Satisfactory National police check & Working with Children's Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check prior to commencement is mandatory.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5% leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and career developmental opportunities such as: an in depth and best practice orientation and induction program, regular supervision, and community education programs such as Building a Future.
- Attractive work hours - maintain healthy work, life balance
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4652573.
For further information, please contact Agatina Russo, Manager, Prevention and Recovery Care on 03 5823 8999 or email@example.com.
Applications close 5 May 2019 - Close of Business
Please apply as soon as possible. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them and will be inviting suitable candidates for interview prior to closing date.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply.Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.