Team Leader | Bourke
- Casual opportunities based in Bourke, NSW for Life Time Care Participant
- $36.83 per hour + Superannuation
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
About this opportunity
Under the direction & guidance of the Case Manager, local based Team Leader, will act as an enabler to assist the Support Worker (SW) team to manage co-ordination of activities to deliver a variety of services to the Participant such as support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, Bowel care, social and community participation and varying skill development activities - community liaison and recruitment of Support workers.
The successful candidate will be someone with the substantial managerial and administrative experience to look after day to day operational activities such as, Supervising, ensuring SW team has competencies & knowledge to perform their roles, providing feedback to SW Team on a daily basis to carry out their tasks, ad hoc administrative work such as filing, copying, scanning, updating records in the care link, client care system etc. The position requires to monitor Wellways service standards are appropriate, safe and reviewed periodically and holistically for the best client service satisfaction and experience. The successful candidate will be a business driven, proactive, empathetic people manager to guide and support business operation as well as SW team.
If this is you, you're in luck: we have the perfect opportunity for you to do all these things - right here, with us.
What do you need?
- Experience either in Disability, Aged Care or Community services (personal care experiences an advantage but not mandatory)
- Certificate III or IV in Disability, Aged Care, Community Services or related fields
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered, insured vehicle (an advantage but not mandatory)
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 6 months old] and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in working in the NDIS context with people with a mental illness and disability will be at an advantage
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4695026.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Caroline Sharpe, Case Manager on 0428481833
Applications close 31st May 2019, COB
"Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply"
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.