Coordinator, Consumer Directed Services
Full time employment opportunity based in Shepparton
- Attractive work hours, Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.36pm (with some on call requirements)
- 74k - 77K Salary + Salary Packaging Benefits + Superannuation + Leave loading
- Join a supportive, dedicated and professional team
Our values Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation
We are a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring people lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We provide a wide range of services and assistance to people with mental health issues, disabilities and those requiring community care.
We advocate for change to make sure people have the best possible care and information when they need it.
About the role
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services which are led and funded by individual consumers and supports such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and other related programs. These services provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
As the Consumer Directed Services (CDS) Coordinator, you will oversee the day to day high performance and ongoing development of Wellways' consumer directed service offered within the Murray region. Reporting to the Manager, Disability Support Services, you will be responsible for the recruitment, induction, development and support of the CDS team, including Support Workers, Support Coordinators, Customer Service Officers and Business Development staff.
Work collaboratively with your regional colleagues and build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Engage with relevant service providers, as well as consumers and their families and carers to develop trusting and professional relationships and ensure quality and consistent practice.
Skills & experience
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or experience or expertise in delivering high-quality consumer directed services
- Experience in coordinating, supervising and leading a high-performing team
- Excellent communication, self-management and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage successful relationships with consumers, carers and services and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- Current and valid Driver's License and ability to undertake travel as required
Mandatory national police check, Working with Children, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme checks prior to commencement.
- Be an essential part of a dedicated and professional team that have been based in Shepparton for over 20 years
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To find out more or to apply please visit: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4717628
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Christie Ware, Senior Program Worker on 03 5741 9600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 23 June 2019 COB
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.