Peer Worker - Recovery and Rehabilitation
- Part time 0.6 FTE, fixed term until 31 December 2019
- $57 - 60k salary pro rata + salary packaging benefits + superannuation + leave loading
- Based in Launceston
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the role
A unique and personally rewarding role, we are seeking a passionate individual with a lived experience of mental illness to share their personal experiences of their recovery and to engage and empower individuals in the recovery of their own journey. The Peer Worker will share their experience of mental illness to assist participants, their families, clinicians and the community to better understand the participant perspective and to improve outcomes for participants.
Join and be an essential part of a dedicated and professional team where you will be highly supported in your role. You will receive ongoing opportunities and access to develop your career through an in depth and best practice orientation and induction program, regular supervision and continuous support.
To view the key deliverables of this role, please visit our website https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways and download a copy of the position description.
Skills & experience
- Certificate IV in Health or Mental Health and/or Diploma/Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work, or ability to demonstrate achievement toward these qualifications
- Demonstrated lived experience of a mental health issue
- Approachable and accepting manner and attitude
- Right to work within Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check and Working with Vulnerable People Check prior to commencement are mandatory.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading on top of your base pay every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To download a copy of the position description and to apply for this job go to: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4723814.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Darren McKay, Acting Area Manager on 03 6333 3111 or email email@example.com.
Applications close Sunday 16 June 2019
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.