Support Workers | Grafton, NSW
- Part time, fixed term opportunity till 30 June 2020 opportunity based in Grafton, NSW
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available
About this opportunity
A key outcome of the program will be supporting the participant to identify and nurture natural supports that sustain recovery, and to assist in the development of self-management skills.
Utilising Wellways' Community Recovery Model, you will work with participants to address key areas that support the development of decision-making skills, social skills, independent living skills, community access, healthy lifestyle, self-identity, self-esteem and resilience.
You're a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You're calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need.
If this is you, you're in luck: we have the perfect opportunity for you to do all of these things - right here, with us.
What do you need?
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or related fields (an advantage but not mandatory)
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered, insured vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 6 months old] and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Current First Aid certification prior to commencement
- Have a smartphone (ie. iPhone, Android) to accept shifts and manage your timesheets on our Carelink mobile App.
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in psychosocial disability will be at an advantage
- Personal care, manual handling and infection control procedures knowledge and experience will be at an advantage
Our Values: Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (www.wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Roxie Collett, Program Coordinator on 0439 632 710 or email@example.com
Applications close COB, 30th June 2019
"Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply"
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.