Support Worker - Disability and Mental Health
Disabilty and Mental Health
Casual Support Worker
Wellways is a not for profit organisation providing quality services to our clients across Mackay. Focused on going the extra mile for our clients, our committed and caring staff are our foundation and the key to our success! We are currently seeking new staff to join our team of Community Support Workers for clients in Mackay.
The successful worker will be someone with the flexibility to work short and long shifts and at times covering for other team members.
We have a lot of work currently available right across the Mackay region, with inquiries from new clients wanting support services through us daily!
To join our team, you must have the following requirements:
- First Aid Certificate
- Driver's License and your own vehicle
- Personal Care experience
- Experience in community care
- Practical, active and caring personality
- Police clearance - not less than 6 months old
- Working with Children's Check
- Blue & Yellow card (Current)
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health or Community Services
- Experience working with complex clients
- Experience with Personal Care
- Mental Health experience
- Manual handling training
- Ability to work nights and weekends
With Wellways you will receive:
- Regular ongoing work
- Paid induction and training prior to start
- Ongoing training to keep up to date with your skills with certificates provided
- Support from the experienced and friendly administrative staff
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers website at http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4733201.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Raelene Taylor 0749 530253.
"Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply"
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment