- Full time employment opportunity, based in Frankston
- $57k salary + superannuation + leave loading + salary packaging benefits
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability support services
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the role
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new service that will provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
The Support Coordinator position is responsible for the delivery of services purchased through the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). You will provide direct support to participants through individual capacity building, maintaining relationships and managing caseloads to meet their goals identified under their NDIA plans.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with Daily Life
- Social & Community Participation
- Improved Living Arrangements
- Improved Relationships
- Finding and keeping a job
- Improved Health and Wellbeing
- Improved Learning
Skills & experience
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health or Disability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A current valid Driver's License and Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children Check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) Checks prior to commencement are mandatory.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To download a copy of the position description and to apply for this job go to: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4734344.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Kylie Armstrong, CDS Coordinator on 0418 102 206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Monday 17 June 2019 COB.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Facilitate effective working relationships and communications and coordinate a variety of services for participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community.