- Part time 0.7 FTE employment opportunity
- $74k salary pro rata + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Oversee volunteers who devote their time in our Prevention and Recovery Care Programs and St Vincent's Safe Haven Cafe
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About this opportunity
Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC) services provide early intervention for participants who are becoming unwell and for those in the early stages of recovery from an acute psychiatric episode, to strengthen and consolidate gains from the inpatient setting.
The Volunteer Supervisor is responsible for the recruitment, training, supervision and support of all volunteers at the North Fitzroy and South Yarra PARC. You will oversee the volunteers who have been recruited to primarily assist participants and their families with social inclusion and community connection activities as it relates to the PARC program.
In addition, St Vincent's and Wellways are collaborating on a pilot project that involves developing a volunteer pool to connect into St Vincent's Safe Haven Café. The Volunteer Supervisor will lead the pilot project of scoping out local community initiatives and connecting St Vincent's Safe Haven Café participants into broader community events and groups.
Other aspects of the role include:
- Organising relevant training for the volunteers
- Ongoing supervision/debriefing of the volunteers
- Ensure organisation compliance by maintaining volunteer paperwork and records
Skills & experience
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with mental health issues
- Demonstrated experience and skills in providing high quality recovery-orientated services to people experiencing mental health issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships with consumers, carers and services
- Current and valid Driver's License and the ability to undertake travel
- Right to work within Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children's Check, Disability Worker Exclusions Scheme (DWES) Check, prior to commencement is mandatory.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading on top of your base pay every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Ingrid Amann, Program Coordinator on 03 8481 3800 or email Ingrid.Amann@svha.org.au.
Applications close 22 July 2019 COB
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.