- Part time 0.8 FTE, fixed time till 30 June 2021
- $65k salary pro rata + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Provide your support to assist the recovery of our participants
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About this opportunity
The National Psychosocial Support Measure (NPSM) is a newly developed program funded by the Commonwealth Government to ‘provide psychosocial support services to assist people with severe mental illness, resulting in a reduction in psychosocial functional capacity'.
Work in partnership with the individual, their families and carers to provide a range of non-clinical based support to assist the individual to achieve their recovery goals. The individual will benefit from receiving specialised psychosocial supports, centred around their needs and goals.
You will be highly supported in your role and have ongoing opportunities and access to develop your career through an in depth and best practice orientation and induction program, regular supervision and continuous support.
Skills & experience
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with mental health issues, Certificate IV qualification or above
- Demonstrated experience and skills in providing high quality recovery-orientated services to people experiencing mental health issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships with consumers, carers and services
- Current and valid Driver's License and the ability to undertake travel
- Right to work within Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children's Check, Disability Worker Exclusions Scheme (DWES) Check, prior to commencement is mandatory.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading on top of your base pay every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Tegan Williams, Manager, Disability Support Services on 03 5822 8600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 21 July 2019
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.