- Full time employment opportunity
- $57k salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About this opportunity
The Support Coordinator position is responsible for the delivery of services purchased through the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). You will provide direct support to participants through individual capacity building, maintaining relationships and managing caseloads to meet their goals identified under their NDIA plans.
To view the key deliverables of this role, please visit our website https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways and download a copy of the position description.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with Daily Life
- Social & Community Participation
- Improved Living Arrangements
- Improved Relationships
- Finding and keeping a job
- Improved Health and Wellbeing
Skills & Experience
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with mental health and/or disability
- Demonstrated experience and skills in providing high quality recovery-orientated services to people experiencing mental health and/or disability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships with consumers, carers and services
- Current and valid Driver's License and the ability to undertake travel
- Right to work within Australia
Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) Checks and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading on top of your base pay every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Donna Charteris, CDS Coordinator on 03 5622 4100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Tuesday 30 July 2019 COB
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.