- Casual opportunities
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Rewarding role in a community setting
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available
About this opportunity
As a Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to), assistance and or support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
You're a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You're calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need. You are an independent, proactive thinker and worker but are also able to follow direction/s given by your managers and can work within a tight-knit team. You may also be required to support the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) program, at the request of your employer.
If this is you, you're in luck: we have the perfect opportunity for you to do all of these things - right here, with us.
What do you need?
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or related fields
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered, insured vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in psychosocial disability will be at an advantage
- Current First Aid certificate
- Manual Handling training would be desired
How to Apply
Here's your chance to do great things. Don't let it slip by - apply now by visiting our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Gay Eisenhauer, Team Leader on 02 9101 5916
Applications close Tuesday 23rd July, 2019 - Close of business.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Late applications will not be accepted.
"We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply."
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.