Peer and Recovery Worker
- Part time 0.8 FTE, fixed term till 30 June 2020
- $57k salary pro rata + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Utilise your lived experience to assist in the recovery journey of others
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About this opportunity
The National Psychosocial Service (NPS) measure is a new program funded by the Commonwealth Government and commissioned through Primary Health Networks to ‘provide psychosocial support services to assist people with severe mental illness, resulting in a reduction in psychosocial functional capacity.'
You will form part of an integrated team, work collaboratively with recovery workers to provide supports to 18-65 year olds impacted by mental health issues.
- Intake and assessment
- Developing action plans
- Provide group based activities and individual person-centred recovery and trauma informed supports
- Identify and offer support to families, friends and carers where required
The part time hours are 60.8 hours per fortnight. Working hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm, with the benefits of flexibility to suit your needs and lifestyle.
Skills & experience
- Lived experience of recovery
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a peer support role for people with mental health issues
- Current valid Driver's Licence and the ability to undertake travel
- Appropriate IT skills
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children's Check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) Check prior to commencement are mandatory
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Amelia Reid, Peer and Community Coordinator on 0438 575 314 or email email@example.com.
Applications close Sunday 21 July 2019
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.