- Full time, fixed term till 30 June 2020
- $65k salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability support services
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the role
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new service that will provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
The Support Coordinator position is responsible for the delivery of services purchased through the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). You will travel to various locations to deliver services and will undertake various support item delivery in accordance with the participants NDIS plan.
Responsibilities include providing assistance or support in the following areas:
- Assistance with Daily Life
- Social & Community Participation
- Improved Living Arrangements
- Improved Relationships
- Finding and keeping a job
- Improved Health and Wellbeing
- Improved Learning
Skills & experience
- Certificate IV in Mental Health or Disability or commensurate experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered vehicle (including insurance)
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check and Working with Vulnerable People Check prior to commencement are mandatory
- Right to work in Australia
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
The Tasmanian team is a team that celebrates diversity. We are a supportive, professional and hardworking team working to optimise outcomes for people who choose to use our services. With a commitment to making a meaningful contribution within our communities.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref: 4776788.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Bridgett Parry, CDS Coordinator on 03 6333 3111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application close 24 July 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.