Regional Manager, Western NSW
- Join a nationally recognized provider of mental health and consumer directed services
- An opportunity to apply your leadership skills to support the vision and strategic goals at Wellways
- Full Time ongoing opportunity based at Dubbo or Bathurst or Orange
- Access to ongoing support and development opportunities
- Excellent salary and salary packaging benefits available
About this opportunity
The Regional Manager will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, operational and financial management within the Western Region. You will manage our existing services, which include a large HASI program and a small but growing consumer directed service offer, including NDIS and icare funded supports. The Regional Manager will drive continuous quality improvement initiatives, build service capacity and drive the regional strategic plan. Requiring regular travel across this geographically large area, the Regional Manager will support and manage established teams across the region to ensure a high standard of service delivery in line with our values.
In line with organisational strategic objectives, a key focus of this role will be the transformation and growth of the Consumer Directed Services offered in the region, and the continued delivery of high quality mental health services.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in the leadership and management of teams within a community-based organisation or the disability / mental health sector
- Demonstrated understanding of mental health issues, rehabilitation practices and the impact of disability on service users, their families, carers and the community
- Demonstrated experience developing positive linkages with the community and maintaining effective partnerships
- A tertiary qualification in health services, social sciences or related discipline, or related experience.
- Highly developed understanding of the NDIS
- Demonstrated experience in managing business growth and supporting teams through significant change
- Passion for making a positive change in the lives of people living with mental health issues and disability
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Strong knowledge of government policy and strategic directions in mental health and consumer directed services
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in the leadership and management of teams
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth, and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (www.wellways.org/careers-wellways) & enter ref code: 4804136.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Justin McKenzie - General Manager Services, NSW and ACT on 0459 149 570 or email@example.com
Applications close COB, 1st September 2019
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.