- Casual employment opportunities, based in St Kilda
- $34 per hour + superannuation + salary packaging benefits
- Form part of a highly supportive and caring team
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About this opportunity
Wellways' South East Melbourne region is experiencing exciting and significant growth. We are recruiting people whose values align with ours, who are motivated, enthusiastic, genuinely caring, committed and invested in the role of a Support Worker.
Each of our participants have a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan, the plan is developed to establish their goals. With your creativity, your role is to motivate and assist our participants to reach their goals and be actively engaged in their own community. The role has scope for full time hours, due to the high demand of services. You will be closely supported, thoroughly inducted and orientated to ensure you are comfortable in all aspects of the role.
Skills & experience
- Relevant experience to the role, or as a carer, or a Certificate III or IV in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care or Home and Community Care
- Current valid Driver's Licence and Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Right to work in Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children's Check and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course prior to commencement are mandatory.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Penalty rates
- Opportunity for part time or full time conversion after 12 months
- Career development opportunities within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Amy Accardi, Team Leader via email email@example.com.
Applications close 23 August 2019
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
We kindly request that Recruitment agencies do not contact us