Child Safety Support Worker
Do you enjoy working with the youth? If yes Wellways is the place for you!
Wellways within the North Queensland region provides direct support to young people living in out of home care. The Youth Worker position is responsible for the delivery of services which include out of home care in safe and stable accommodation, it also will work towards the identified goals of each young person as set out by the Department of Children Services.
The successful worker will be someone with the flexibility to work short and long shifts and at times covering for other team members. The shifts will be a variety of tasks such as personal care, domestic care, shopping, transport and social support.
We have a lot of work currently available right across the Townsville region, with inquiries from new clients wanting support services through us daily!
To join our team, you must have the following requirements:
- Minimum Certificate 4 in a recognised area (must be working towards or have a completed recognised qualification)
- Completed Hope and Healing Framework Foundation Training - this will be supplied by Wellways on induction
- First Aid Certificate
- Drivers Licence and your own vehicle
- Personal Care experience
- Experience in community care
- Practical, active and caring personality
- Police clearance - not less than 6 months old
- Blue & Yellow card (Current)
- Experience and skills working with young people living with a disability or mental illness
- Experience with Youth and Crisis Management
- Experience working with complex clients
- Manual handling training
With Wellways you will receive:
- Regular ongoing work
- Paid induction and training prior to start
- Ongoing training to keep up to date with your skills with certificates provided
- Support from the experienced and friendly administrative staff
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers website at http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4567166.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Leanda Griffiths 0748634111 firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply.Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.