Casual Support Worker - Disability and Mental Health
Consumer Directed Services
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
- $27.99 plus penalty rates
- 9.5% superannuation
- Access to Salary Sacrafice
About this opportunity
As a Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to), assistance and or support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
This is an ongoing program for 7 days a week. The successful worker will be someone with the flexibility to work for short and long shifts, nights and weekends.
You're a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You're calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need. You are an independent, proactive thinker and worker but are also able to follow direction/s given by your managers and can work within a tight-knit team.
If this is you, you're in luck: we have the perfect opportunity for you to do all these things - right here, with us.
To join our team, you must have the following requirements:
- First Aid Certificate
- Driver's License and your own vehicle
- Personal Care experience
- Experience in community care
- Practical, active and caring personality
- Police clearance - not less than 6 months old
- NDIS Workers Orientation Certificate (this can be done through Wellways before start)
- Blue & Yellow card (Current)
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health or Community Services
- Experience working with complex clients
- Experience with Personal Care
- Mental Health experience
- Manual handling training
- Ability to work nights and weekends
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (www.wellways.org/careers-wellways)
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Raelene Taylor 07 4863 4100.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.