- SCHADS 3.1 - 3.4 (Depending on experience)
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- Rewarding role in a community setting
- Access to ongoing support and development opportunities
- Full time opportunity based in Canberra.
About the program
The Wellways Women's transitional Accommodation Service (WWTAS) is designed to work with participants to address key areas that support the development of decision-making skills, social skills, independent living skills, community access, healthy lifestyle, self-identity, self-esteem and resilience.
A key outcome for the Outreach Worker will be to support the participant to identify and nurture natural supports that sustain recovery and assist in the development of self-management skills.
About the role
Using Wellways Community Recovery Model, the Peer Worker will provide moderate to intensive support to people with a mental illness across a range of residential and outreach services.
Skills & qualifications
As the ideal candidate, you will possess the following:
- Completion of the NDIS Orientation Module.
- Demonstrated interest in working with people with a severe mental illness and their carers
- Comfortable working independently as well as an active team member
- Demonstrated experience in building strong partnerships and working in collaboration with other services
- Ability to take appropriate guidance and direction from management
- Current and valid Driver's License
- Evidence of a Satisfactory Police Records Check; Working with Vulnerable People card and the right to work in Australia is required prior to commencement
Wellways is a nationally recognised provider of mental health, disability services and a registered NDIS service provider. We work with individuals, their families and friends to improve their wellbeing and to gain inclusion into communities, providing support through recovery, education and advocacy programs, and provide a range of innovative rehabilitation models. We are a growing organisation, currently employing over 900 staff across multiple sites within VIC, TAS, NSW, QLD and the ACT.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion about the role, we encourage you to contact Jo Smith - Outreach Coordinator on
02 6245 6481 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close - Friday 23rd August- 2019 COB
Please complete an online application via our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). Further information about the role is also available on our Careers page.
"Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply"
This is a female identified position (special measures under the sex discrimination ACT 1984).
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.