- Full time opportunity based in Wagga Wagga
- $32.74 per hour + 9.5% Super + Salary Packaging
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- Access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities
- Attractive salary packaging benefits
About this opportunity
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services which are led and funded by individual consumers. This includes supports such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), and other programs. These services provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
As a Support Coordinator, you will coordinate a variety of services for participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community.
Your working day will involve supporting participants with varying skills development, personal care, household support, social and community participation. This position will also be working with various stakeholders which includes Government departments and agencies, families and health professionals within the circle of participants.
To be successful in this role you need:
- Minimum Qualification in Certificate 4 in Mental Health, Disability services
- Expertise across a diversity of disability types, including mental health issues
- Experience with Psychosocial disability is essential
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered, insured vehicle (an advantage but not required)
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 6 months old] and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement is mandatory
Our Values: Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (www.wellways.org/careers-wellways) & enter ref code: 4857227.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Caitlin Reid, CDS Coordinator on 0417 966 164 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 20th September 2019, COB.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.