- Rewarding part time opportunity 0.6FTE (45.6 hours per fortnight)
- $67k annual salary (pro rata) + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Support participants to identify and nurture natural supports that sustain recovery and assist in self-management skills
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the program
Youth Residential Rehabilitation (YRR) is a recovery-focused program for young people aged 16-24 who are experiencing mental health issues. The accommodation consists of multiple shared units and the program is designed for participants to stay for a maximum of 12 months. The program is staffed 12 hours a day, 7 days a week with an on-call system in place for overnight support. To view the program details further please visit our website: https://www.wellways.org/our-services/youth-residential-rehabilitation
About this opportunity
You will work alongside participants to address key development areas that support the development of independence in the following areas:
- Living and social skills, leadership, decision making, healthy lifestyle, community service, responsibility, self-identity, self-esteem and resilience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engage participants, their families and friends in the program and develop professional, trusting working relationships
- Conduct regular face to face support visits to connect with the person, monitor and offer support
- Assist participants to identify areas of need using assessment and outcomes measurement tools
- Develop individually tailored recovery plans, focusing on individual goals, skill and knowledge development, including physical health, wellbeing and housing outcomes
- Administrative requirements including case notes, assessments, recovery plans, regular reporting and records maintenance
Skills & experience
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with mental health issues
- Current valid Driver's Licence and the ability to undertake travel
- Right to work in Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children's Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course are mandatory prior to commencement.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Gemma Marchant, Program Coordinator on 03 5822 8661 or email email@example.com.
Applications close 22 September 2019
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.