Recovery and Rehabilitation Worker | Bankstown
Housing Assistance and Support Initiative (HASI)
- Full Time - Fixed Term (Till 30 June 2020) opportunity based in Bankstown
- Up to $30 per hour plus very generous salary packaging benefits
- Access to ongoing support and training/development opportunities
About this opportunity
The Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative (HASI) is designed to work with participants to address key areas that support people who have mental health issues so they can maintain successful tenancies and participate in their communities. Using Wellways' Community Recovery Model, the R&R Worker will provide practical support to people with a mental illness through the Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative and work with participants to address key areas that support the development of decision making skills, social skills, independent living skills, community access, healthy lifestyle, self-identity, self-esteem and resilience.
A key outcome of the program will be supporting the participant to identify and nurture natural supports that sustain recovery and to assist in the development of self-management skills.
Using Wellways' Community Recovery Model, the Recovery and Rehabilitation Worker will provide intensive support to people with a mental illness through the Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Social Science, Disability, Aged Care, community Service or similar discipline
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues
- Experience in building long-lasting partnerships in the community while working in collaboration with other external services
- Be comfortable working independently as well as an active team member
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- experience in working with diverse groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, refugee groups and LGBTIQ groups will be highly regarded
- An understanding of and genuine commitment to social inclusion
- A current and valid Driver's License
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 6 months old] and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement - or willing to obtain
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth, and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (www.wellways.org/careers-wellways) & enter ref code: 4861256.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Nicola Lomax, Acting Team Leader on 0439087336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 01st October 2019, COB
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.