- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Exciting part time opportunity 0.8FTE (60.8 hours per fortnight), fixed term till 30 March 2020
- $58k annual salary (pro rata) + superannuation + leave loading + generous salary packaging benefits
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About this opportunity
As a Support Coordinator, you will work directly with National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participants to develop plans to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community and achieve the goals set out in their NDIS plan. This involves coordinating a variety of services for participants, facilitating effective working relationships and communications with the carers, family, external services and other key stakeholders to help provide the most well-rounded support available for participants.
The Tasmanian team is a team that celebrates diversity. We are a supportive, professional and hardworking team working to optimise outcomes for people who choose to use our services. With a commitment to making a meaningful contribution within our communities.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
Skills & experience
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or other related fields
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues and their carers to build strong, long lasting partnerships in the community
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered vehicle (including insurance)
Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Vulnerable People Check and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course are mandatory prior to commencement.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways) & enter ref code: 4862213. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Bridgett Parry, CDS Coordinator on 6333 3111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 22 September 2019
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.