Grassroots Community Development Worker
- Exciting part time opportunity, 0.6 FTE, fixed term till 30 June 2020
- $67k annual salary (pro rata) + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the program
The Grassroots Mental Health project aims to increase grassroots mental health support and community participation for people experiencing mental health issues through the provision of support and capacity building activities with coordinators/ staff, volunteers and committee members of the 34 Neighbourhood Houses around the state.
About this opportunity
A rewarding position where you will work onsite with the Neighbourhood Houses and their communities to build a better and more effective response for people with mental health issues. Develop effective relationships with key partners to ensure effective project implementation, coordinate systems and processes for debriefing and follow up, the provision of details on a training program which includes the venue, trainer management and general event management and the management of program evaluation data and reporting.
The Tasmanian team is a team that celebrates diversity. We are a supportive, professional and hardworking team working to optimise outcomes for people who choose to use our services. With a commitment to making a meaningful contribution within our communities.
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualification in a community development/relevant area or equivalent lived or professional experience
- Ability and commitment to work with a variety of key stakeholders including carers, consumers, health workers and the community
- Approachable and accepting manner and attitude
- Right to work in Australia
- Current satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Vulnerable People Card and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course are mandatory prior to commencement.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways & enter ref code: 4893008). For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Darren McKay, Area Manager on 03 6333 3111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 27 October 2019
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.