- Exciting full time opportunity, work from Launceston or Hobart
- $83k annual salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Join a passionate team, manage CDS teams to ensure high quality service delivery
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the program
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services which are led and funded by individual consumers. These services provide a wide variety of care and support services to Australians living with a disability as well as their families and carers.
About this opportunity
Working closely with the Regional Manager and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, the CDS Coordinator oversees the day to day delivery of a high performing CDS services offered within the Tasmanian region and its ongoing development.
The role is directly responsible for and manages the Tasmanian CDS teams, including Support Workers, Support Coordinators and Customer Service Officers. The successful applicant will demonstrate sound skills in the recruitment, selection, induction and performance development of staff and a thorough understanding of appropriate systems and processes in a CDS environment.
This role requires regular travel to Wellways offices accross Tasmania.
The Tasmanian team is a team that celebrates diversity. We are a supportive, professional and hardworking team working to optimise outcomes for people who choose to use our services. With a commitment to making a meaningful contribution within our communities.
Skills & experience
- Qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Current Driver's Licence and the ability to undertake regular travel
- Proficient IT skills
- Right to work in Australia
- Current satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Vulnerable People Card and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course are mandatory prior to commencement.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Linda Carpenter, Acting Regional Manager on 03 6169 0601 or email email@example.com.
Applications close 27 October 2019
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.