- Casual opportunity based in Bega, NSW.
- Be part of a large, recognised provider of mental health and disability services across the eastern states of Australia.
- An opportunity to lead a passionate team to drive Wellways' vision and strategic goals
- Work within a supportive, passionate and collaborative team environment
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available
About this opportunity
Wellways Australia delivers supports to participants funded through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), and values the ability for participants to exercise choice and control under NDIS funding. We aim to support people to achieve their identified goals through effective and meaningful service delivery.
This position will be responsible for providing Occupational Therapy services. The Occupational Therapist will provide both direct client assessment and treatment planning, as well as work closely with program staff to implement agreed treatment strategies inclusive of psychosocial rehabilitation support needs. This may include the provision of both formal and informal staff training around areas such as ADL assessment and program planning. There is also the potential to support the development of group programs within the service.
The successful candidate will hold the relevant qualifications in Occupational Therapy and meet the key performance indicators of the position description. You are capable of building strong partnerships and of working in collaboration with other services. In-depth understanding of the psychosocial rehabilitation model is important.
What do you need?
- Relevant qualifications in Occupational Therapy and eligibility for membership with OT Australia
- Ability to provide Occupational Therapy assessment, treatment planning and interventions
- Established organisational skills within multidisciplinary delivery systems and an ability to work autonomously in a therapeutic setting
- Expertise in the provision of Occupational Therapy services and other relevant interventions in a mental health setting
You have an exceptional ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals. The ability to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participants in a culturally respectful manner will be highly regarded. Satisfactory Police Records Check, Current and valid Driver's License and Working With Children Check, prior to commencement is essential.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (www.wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Cabrini d'Arcy-Stewart - CDS Coordinator on 02 6251 4599 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 25th October 2019, close of business
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.