- Part time, fixed term opportunity (30/03/2020)
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- Be a part of a values based, progressive organization
- Access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities
- Attractive salary packaging benefits
About this opportunity
The Quality and Service Development team works in the areas of quality and risk management, community education, advocacy and peer programs and consumer and carer participation. Under the support and direction of the Manager, Quality and Risk, the Officer, Quality is responsible for coordinating quality improvement projects and processes and providing support to Wellways staff on best practice approaches to organisational activities.
This includes the following key focus areas:
- Promote and support quality systems across all levels of the organisation
- Ensure that these systems are in line with relevant standards and legislation
- Support organisational accreditation processes
- Support effective organisational policy and procedures frameworks and deliverables.
The role will support our strategic focus on organisational continuous quality improvement, compliance and risk management and lead us through audit and accreditation processes.
- Relevant VET or Tertiary Qualifications in Community Services, Mental health), Disability or AOD services.
- Experience working within the mental health, disability, aged care, AOD or community services sector.
- Prior experience in developing policy and procedure
- Satisfactory National Police Record Check
- Satisfactory Working with Children Check
- Current valid Driver's License and the ability and wiliness to undertake some travel
- Right to Work within Australia
- Knowledge of legislation relating to the mental health, disability and child protection including appropriate work health and safety and privacy legislation
- Knowledge of contemporary issues relating to mental health, disability and child protection
- Ability to negotiate, plan and conduct and report upon audits in an ethical manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality management standards relevant to the mental health, disability, aged care, or community services sector.
- Knowledge of document management principles.
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail to develop policy, briefs and reports.
- Policy research skills
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
Please complete an online application via our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). Further information about the role is also available on our Careers page.
Applications 23th October 2019 - Close of Business
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Gavin Bussenschutt on 0428 359 706.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment