Are you passionate about working with people?
Join us in supporting people in our community and make a difference in someone's life!
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
- $27.99 plus penalty rates and Superannuation
- Ability to Salary Sacrafice
About this opportunity
As a Casual Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to), assistance and or support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
This is an ongoing program for 7 days a week. The successful worker will be someone with the flexibility to work early mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends.
You're a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You're calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need.
If this is you, you're in luck: we have the perfect opportunity for you to do all these things - right here, with us.
What do you need
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or related fields A current valid Driver's License and a registered, insured vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check (less than 12 months old)
- Current Blue and Yellow Card (or willing to obtain)
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in Mental Health and Disability will be at an advantage
- Current First Aid certificate
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
We encourage people of all genders to apply. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers pagehttp://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4917260
Applications close 22nd December 2019
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Kerianne Edwards via email firstname.lastname@example.org