- Casual employment opportunities based in Latrobe Valley
- $34.99 per hour + Penalty Rates + Superannuation + Generous Salary Packaging Benefits
- Make a valuable and rewarding impact within our community
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the role
Wellways is experiencing exciting and significant growth. We are recruiting people whose values align with ours, who are motivated, enthusiastic, genuinely caring, committed and invested in the role of a Support Worker.
Each of our participants have a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan, the plan is developed to establish their goals. With your creativity, your role is to motivate and assist our participants to reach their goals and be actively engaged in their own community.
Skills & Experience
Relevant qualification or two years equivalent experience. Relevant experience can include volunteering or being a carer for a family member or friend
Pre-employment compliance requirements:
- Drivers licence and access to registered vehicle is essential if transporting participants
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check (free check completed by Wellways)
- Evidence of working rights within Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Check
- Working with Children Check Victoria
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
- Work within a friendly, supportive and like-minded team that are committed to best practice
- Opportunity for part time or full time conversion after 12 months
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Brad Campbell, Team Leader on 0428 717 411 or email email@example.com
Applications close: 31 December 2019
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.