- Full time, fixed term position till 01 December 2020
- Based in Mitcham and Epping
- Support individuals to access and be a part of their local community
- $58,825k salary + superannuation + leave loading + generous salary packaging benefits
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About this opportunity
Support Coordination within the National Disability Insurance Scheme assists participants to build the skills they require to understand, implement and use their individual plan.
As the participant's Support Coordinator, you will work with them to ensure a mixture of supports are used to increase their capacity to maintain relationships, manage service delivery tasks, live more independently and be included in their community. Implement the funded supports in the participant's plan and link them to community, mainstream and other government services. Focus on supporting the participant to build skills, exercise choice and control, access their local community and review individual plans. You will negotiate with providers about what they can offer the participant, how much it will cost out of their plan and ensure service agreements and bookings are completed.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
Skills & experience
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or other related fields
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues and their carers to build strong, long lasting partnerships in the community
Pre-employment compliance requirements:
- A current Driver's License and the ability to undertake travel
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check
- Working with Children Check-employment
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme clearance
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course are mandatory prior to commencement.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 4949054.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Michael Ashenden, CDS Coordinator on 0477 740 535 or email email@example.com.
Applications close 11 December 2019 COB
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.