- Exciting Permanent Full-Time opportunity located in Brisbane
- $67,000 annual salary + Superannuation + Salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- A rewarding career with a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the program
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services which are led and funded by individual consumers. It provides participants with choice, control and flexibility. This includes supports such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme. These services provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers. With your help, for many people, it will be the first time they receive the support they need.
About the role
Due to organisation growth, Wellways is seeking a Support Cooridnator to join our growing team. If you share our goal of helping people and want to make a difference in someone's life, then we look forward to receiving your application! Your new role will require you to coordinate a variety of services for participants to assist them to lead their lives as they choose in the community. You will share a common passion of empowerment with participants and you will help them flourish according to their own interests and priorities. If you want to start every day knowing you are going to make a difference in someone's life, then this is the role for you!
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting participants with varying skills development
- Assisting participants with personal care
- Domestic and daily living support
- Promoting independent living and community participation
- Liaising with various stakeholders including Government departments and agencies, families and health professionals within the circle of participants
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Qualification in Certificate 4 in Mental Health, Disability services
- Expertise across a diversity of disability types, including mental health issues
- Evidence of working rights within Australia such as a passport or birth certificate
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check
- Blue Card and Yellow Card (Current or willing to obtain prior to employment)
Benefits & Culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals and potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Salary package to increase your take him pay
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit our careers page
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways & enter ref code: 4955816).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Josh Hill, Program Coordinator on 3720 3389
Applications close 15th December 2019
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.