Recovery & Rehabilitation Worker
- Full-Time, fixed-term opportunities until 30 June 2021 based at Wagga Wagga
- Are you looking for a rewarding career? Are you passionate about working with people?
- Ever thought about providing Mental Health support and assistance to those in need?
Join us in supporting individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community!
About this opportunity
The Continuity of Support program is designed to provide ongoing support for clients who previously received support from Partners in Recovery (PIR), Support for Day to Day Living in the Community (D2DL) and Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaMS) who are ineligible to receive services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The COS program will provide psychosocial support for this cohort of clients with severe mental illness who may have an episodic rather than permanent psychosocial disability. The objectives of this funding initiative are to:
- Increase personal capacity, confidence and self-reliance
- Increase social participation
- Streamline access to appropriate services
- Provide flexible and responsive support at times of increased need
Using Wellways Community Recovery Model, the Recovery & Rehabilitation Support Worker will provide intensive support to people with mental health issues through the Continuity of Support program.
Under the support and direction of the Coordinator, this role works with the team and other key internal and external stakeholders in the ongoing development and effective implementation of the program objectives.
What will you need?
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with mental health issues, generally a Certificate IV qualification or above or willing to obtain
- Experience in psychosocial rehabilitation
- Current valid Driver's License and the ability to undertake travel for the role
- Appropriate IT skills - including Outlook, Word and database use
- Current NSW Working with Children's Check and Current Police Check that is less than 6 months' old
- Right to Work within Australia
- Certificate of Completion - NDIS Worker Orientation Module
Individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer, are encouraged to apply!
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people who are Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, are from a non-English speaking background, LGBTQI or have a disability to apply.
We are a value-based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers website at http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 4994354
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Marnie Lenehan - Coordinator on 0437 084 468
Applications close 31st January 2020 - close of business
"We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply."
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.