Child Safety Program
Exciting opportunity with ongoing support and development
- SCHADS Award + penalty rates + superannuation + salary sacrificing
- A rewarding career with a Child Safety licenced provider
Wellways within the North Queensland, Mackay region offers our young people in care the opportunity to obtain skills for life, independence and become engaged members of the community whilst in a supportive environment. We achieve this by supporting and working with our youth, their families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We provide respite care, outreach support, mental health assistance and disability support. The Youth Worker position is responsible for the delivery of services which include out of home care in safe and stable accommodation, it also will work towards the identified goals of each young person as set out by the Department of Children Services
This is a casual position and as such the successful worker will be someone with the flexibility to work short and long shifts and at times covering for other team members. The shifts will be a variety of tasks such as personal care, domestic care, shopping, transport and social support.
Skills & Experience
- Experience with Youth and Crisis Management
- Experience working with youth who display complex behaviours
- Experience working with youth who have experienced significant trauma
- Experience and skills working with young people and those living with a disability or mental illness
- Minimum Certificate 4 in a recognised area (must be working towards or have a completed recognised qualification)
- Completed Hope and Healing Framework Foundation Training - this will be supplied by Wellways if needed
- Drivers Licence and your own vehicle
- Experience in Community Support or Residential Care
- Police clearance - not less than 12m months old
- Blue & Yellow card (Current)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Benefits & Culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals to their fullest potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Salary packaging to increase your take-home pay
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
- Paid induction
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5015222
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Sheree Hoban Program Coordinator (07) 4863 4111
Applications close 31st March 2020
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.