- Exciting Full-Time opportunity with ongoing support and development
- SCHADS 3.1 + superannuation + salary sacrificing
- A rewarding career with a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
Wellways Australia exists to help all Australians lead active, fulling and inclusive lives in their community. We achieve this by supporting and working with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the program
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services which are led and funded by individual consumers. It provides participants with choice, control and flexibility. This includes supports such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme. These services provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers. With your help, for many people, it will be the first time they receive the support they need.
About the role
Due to organisation growth, Wellways is seeking a Team Leader to join our growing team. The Team Leader position is responsible for representing Wellways practice in the provision of leadership to the team acting as a positive role model at all times and providing optimal holistic care to the Service User.
Key responsibilities include, however are not limited to:
- Overseeing and managing the daily operations, service delivery, and reporting any recommendations to the hiring manager
- Ensuring high-quality outcomes are achieved for the service in line with client care plans and organisational requirements
- Developing and assisting in the delivery of the behaviour management strategies for clients with challenging behaviours involved in the programs
- Providing front line operational supervision and training to team members
- Undertaking support duties including, but not limited to, the provision of personal care to participants, such as lifting and transferring, bathing, dressing, pressure area care & turning
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of Certificate III in Community Services or related and/or relevant experience
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check
- Experience and skills in working with people living with a disability
- Prior experience working within a Mental Health or Community Based organisation
- Evidence of working rights within Australia such as a passport or birth certificate
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check
- Blue Card and Yellow Card (Current or willing to obtain prior to employment)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Benefits & Culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals and potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5023730
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Josh Hill, Program Coordinator on 37203389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 25th February 2020
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.