- Exciting opportunity with ongoing support and development
- $61,199 (pro rata part-time) + superannuation + salary sacrificing
- A rewarding career with a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- Enjoy a work life balance, working 5 days a week (23 hours p/week)
Wellways Australia exists to help all Australians lead active, fulling and inclusive lives in their community. We achieve this by supporting and working with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the program
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services which are led and funded by individual consumers. It provides participants with choice, control and flexibility. This includes supports such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme. These services provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
About the role
We are seeking a friendly and creative individual to join our team, who will be responsible for the approval of Consumer Directed Supports, including NDIS, and other programs. They will follow up with staff and provide evidence off shift delivery to assist in effective payroll and invoicing processes fortnightly. Data management is also integral component of the CDS Approvals Officer role.
Key responsibilities include, however are not limited to:
- Answer incoming calls relating to approval process in a professional and timely manner
- Manage and maintain approvals inbox
- Identify incorrect participant transport shifts, and forward to relevant inbox for follow up
- Communicate regularly with roster teams to direct any shift alterations/changes required
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of the Client Management System (CMS), Carelink+, including its rostering, reporting, and staff communication functions
- Previous customer service and administration experience
- Experience with a range of computer-based applications including Carelink software
- Familiar with Outlook, Skype and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working to a deadline
- Evidence of working rights within Australia such as a passport or birth certificate
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check
- Blue Card and Yellow Card (Current or willing to obtain prior to employment)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Benefits & Culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals and potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5025644.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Charlotte Cooper, Senior Coordinator on 3184 3301 or email email@example.com.
Applications close 1st March 2020
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.