Coordinator Community Engagement & Volunteering
- Join us and make a true different for carers in our communities "Our Unsung Heroes".
- $78,921k annual salary + superannuation
- Attractive salary packaging + leave loading
- Rewarding Full Time opportunity in Townsville, fixed term till 31st July 2024
You're a fantastic communicator with a collaborative nature, which goes hand in hand with your strong technical and interpersonal skills. You have a strong understanding of the general health or community service sector and your ability to easily build rapport with range of stakeholders and consumers, will set you apart from your peers.
We are seeking a Coordinator, Community Engagement and Volunteering to join our team in Townsville, and if you are looking for that next step where you want the chance to make a real difference within the community then we want to hear from you!
About Carer Gateway Services
Wellways Australia is the first point of contact for all Australian Government Carer Gateway funded carer services in South West Sydney and across Queensland. For those that provide a caring role to someone in their life who has a disability, mental health challenge, chronic health condition, terminal illness or are frail aged will have access to a range of regional service providers from 6 April 2020.
About the role
Use your creativity to lead the development of a best practice Community Development Program, with the aim of identifying hidden or hard to reach carers and connect them with Carer Gateway Services.
Reporting to the Carer Gateway Services Manager, you will thrive in this role as you:
- Engage with a diversity of stakeholders, including consortium partners and community providers to
ensure Carer Gateway services are inclusive and accessible to all
- Knowledge of community groups and strong ambition to connect with groups
Develop and coordinator strategies/plans to engage stakeholders and volunteers
- Maintain accurate and relevant data to prepare activity reports as required by funding bodies
- Implementing talent development and succession strategies for the area
What you will need
- Significant demonstrable experience in volunteer engagement and management and/or Community Development
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, work in consultation and provide leadership in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience working in coordinating a team of volunteer staff
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals to their fullest potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development. To find out more about all our amazing benefits visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5027996.
For a confidential discussion about a role, please contact Adam Campbell, Carer Gateway Services Manager on 0419 660 778 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 25th February 2020 - Close of business
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.