Carer Support Worker - Emergency Respite
- Full time, fixed term opportunities based in Brisbane
- SCHADS 4.1, Schedule B
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Rewarding role in a community setting
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available
About this opportunity
The Carer Support Worker Emergency Respite is a newly created role that exists to implement the delivery of the emergency respite program that is part of the Carer Gateway Services. The new Carer Gateway Services have been created in the context of national reforms and represent an exciting new era for the delivery of innovative carer services.
This role is responsible for implementing emergency respite care and assisting carers to access the Carer Gateway Services program.
Reporting to the Coordinator working under limited direction:
- Providing carers with emergency respite support utilising funding available
- Working within a Contact Centre environment which operates 24 hours/7 days each week, between the hours of 6am to 2pm, or 2pm to 10pm and 10 pm - 6am Monday to Sunday
- Arrange appropriate respite services within 2 hours if the carer meets the criteria for emergency respite - all contact with emergency providers is conducted over the phone
- Support to carers with a high level of customer service ensuring Carers are listened to with patience and non-judgement
- Complete warm referrals to external support services if required in a crisis situation
- Providing intake, planning, assessment and risk identification as outlined in the Carer Support Framework which may be brief due to the emergency situation while ensuring quality respite care outcomes
- Ensuring the service approach incorporates the following service principles: Carer Focussed, Practical and Flexible, Inclusive
- Answer phone calls and provide information, referrals and support
You're a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You're calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need. You are an independent, proactive thinker and worker but are also able to follow direction/s given by your managers and can work within a tight-knit team.
What do you need?
- Qualifications and/or experience working in community services, allied health or carer/family peer positions
- A current valid Driver's License
- Appropriate IT skills
- Right to work in Australia
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in psychosocial disability will be at an advantage
- NDIS Orientation Certificate prior to commencement
- Available to participate in out of hours activities as required to undertake the requirements of the role
- Willingness to work set shifts: 6am to 2pm or 2pm to 10pm or 10pm to 6 am
How to Apply
Here's your chance to do great things. Don't let it slip by - apply now by visiting our careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5030084.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Narelle Szmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 27th February 2020 - Close of business.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Late applications will not be accepted. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
"Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply"