Recovery and Rehabilitation Worker | Parkes
Housing Assistance and Support Initiative (HASI)
- Full Time Fixed term opportunity till 30 June 2022 based in Parkes NSW
- $30.77 per hour plus very generous salary packaging benefits + Superannuation
- Access to ongoing support and training/development opportunities
About this opportunity
The Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative (HASI) is designed to work with participants to address key areas that support people who have mental health issues so they can maintain successful tenancies and participate in their communities. Using Wellways' Community Recovery Model, the R&R Worker will provide practical support to people with a mental illness through the Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative and work with participants to address key areas that support the development of decision making skills, social skills, independent living skills, community access, healthy lifestyle, self-identity, self-esteem and resilience.
A key outcome of the program will be supporting the participant to identify and nurture natural supports that sustain recovery, and to assist in the development of self-management skills.
Using Wellways' Community Recovery Model, the Recovery and Rehabilitation Worker will provide intensive support to people with a mental illness through the Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications: Certificate IV in Health/Mental Health, &/OR Diploma/Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work, or able to demonstrate working toward these qualifications
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues
- Experience in building long lasting partnerships in the community while working in collaboration with other external services
- Be comfortable working independently as well as an active team member
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- Experience in working with diverse groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, refugee groups and LGBTIQ groups will be highly regarded
- An understanding of and genuine commitment to social inclusion
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office and experience using computer software for record management.
- A current and valid Driver's License and ability to travel for work and training.
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 12 months old] and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5065679.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Tiffanie Rice, Program Coordinator on 0439 528 210 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 20th April 2020, COB
"We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply."
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.